We offer consultancy to:
- Law firms involved in disputes related to Charter Parties and/ or to any claims in dry bulk cargo sector, including underperformance, seaworthiness, vessels’ construction, maneuverability, navigation.
- Shipping Companies requiring on-the spot advice on practical carriage of various dry bulk and general cargoes.
- P&I Clubs attending cargo disputes and other operational matters leading to claims.
- Ship Owners/ operators having difficulties in assessing suitability of their ships to carry various cargoes, willing to implement preventive actions related to carriage of dry bulk or general cargoes, facing post-voyage disputes with their Charterers on cargo and performance issues.
- Any entity in the industry needing a first or second opinion on matters related to cargo specifications or vessel features, handling, operation, performance and construction.
Prevention/ Cost Saving Solutions
...load a drybulk cargo of Group A, B or C
or a general cargo?
We advise you on its suitability, care for the vessel and crew, longitudinal strength and stability, safe operation, proper cargo documents, possible issues with loaded quantity and possible risks during voyage.
...discharge her cargo?
We warn you of possible disputes, we give you specific recommendations on cargo quantity assessment and draft survey, as well as counsel you on editing related documents to properly protect vessel interest.
We guide you on safe procedures related to loadable quantities in tanks, trim and list errors in measurements, safe margins for the voyage and estimation of unpumpable quantities.
...sail from a loading port?
We provide recommended routes, advise you of freeboard concerns during the voyage, seaworthiness obligations, available vessel monitoring systems and of any risk to vessel or cargo whilst changing climates or crossing loadline zones.
...transit straits and canals?
We advise you on correct vessel preparation, of any specific rules and regulations to be adhered to and of potential risks and recommend preventive measures.
...sail in rivers and shallow waters?
We provide comprehensive instructions for river and shallow water navigation.
...transfer cargo with barges or at unusual locations?
We can recommend and advise on best practices for unfamiliar operations...
Settling Disputes Overseas/ virtual Marine Department